But, we did our September Ladies Night a bit different this time and it was very nice and relaxing. Instead of going out to eat and wine sampling. I invited the ladies to my house for an evening of surprise international food. Seeing as how I had a couple of new receipes I wanted to try out so what better way than on the ladies :) Our invited guests included daughter Cheryl, daughter in law Sherrie, Cheryl's best friend from grade school Colleen, and her mom Mary, my mom, and myself
We started the evening with a assorted items, cantalope wrapped wtih proscuitto, and without, sliced pears, assorted cheese, salami, assorted olives, toasted baquette bread with bruschetta. For drinks they elected Lemon Drop Martinis. So after some munching and drinks we progressed to a caprisse salad, another round of drinks, more chit chat then on to the main course of Asian Lettuce Wraps, grilled chicken with peanut dipping sauce, oh did I mention drinks. Now this all has to settle a bit so more varied discussions of numerous topics, some of which I had to holler, Don't go There! no politics at the table :)
So now food has all settled ready for the evening dessert mmmm fresh strawberries and fresh made canollies and the evening coffee with Baileys, topped with whipped cream and carmel syrup. What a way to end the evening.
Now by around 11pm (mind you this all started around 6:30pm) Sherrie had to leave as Danny was picking her up, the rest of us moved to the family room with the golden oldies playing and more just assorted chit chat and then Mary said she really had to leave to get home to Rosie(her little dog) because she won't go to bed unless she's there. So Colleen said next time they're bringing 2 cars! So needless to say around midnight our September Ladies Night came to an end and I forgot to take pictures. GEEEEE
But wait here's a picture of Colleen and her mom Mary from our last wine sampling :)

But stay tuned as we are doing October in LAS VEGAS! well some of us are as we are celebrating Kathie's big 50 B Day so stay tuned for pictures then and maybe another entry before we leave.
Till then remember
To Live Laugh, Love and a little WINE


No comments:
Post a Comment